Wherever there are doors, there are also door frames. Generally, if we want to explain, the doors would be meaningless without door frame. This equipment is made of wood or metal. One of the most widely used metal frames is Steel Door Frame. This product is considered as an open profile, the empty part of which is installed for installing the door hinge. Due to the high durability, the steel door frame has a very large market share. Also, its design and paint-ability is another reason for the success of metal frames. In this text, we intent to introduce you to the metal door frame.
In this text you will read:
• Types of door frames
• Metal door frame
• Production method of metal door frame
• Features of metal door frame
• Application of metal door frame
Types of Door Frame
In general, door frames are divided into two types: metal and wood. The frames are used for each type of door are different on the base of the place of door usage. Usually, metal frames with different thicknesses are used for anti-theft doors and interior of the building, and also the width of the door frame is completely different according to the wall thickness of the building. For interior doors, in addition to the metal door frame, wooden door frames are also used for beauty. Usually for the entrance doors, metal door frame is used which is resistant to impact.
Today, metal door frames have wider applications because their strength and durability on the one hand and paint-ability on the other hand (to match its color with the overall color of interior decoration) have replaced with wooden door frames.
What is a metal frame?
Metal door frame is a type of door and window profile that are generally made of durable metals. The most common metal used to make these frames is steel, which is made from steel sheets and cut to the desired size. This metal product, in addition to strength and power, also has an aesthetic appearance.
Steel Door Frame
This profile is a familiar name for people whose job is interior decoration or make door and window. The cross-section and bending height of this frame are such that it reduces its weight and is therefore very popular in the market.
The steel door frame or in the common term; the steel door frame in the market is one of the most widely used profiles in the door and window industry and is used for doors and windows of houses. The usual thickness of this profile is 2 mm. and they are produced by cold rolling method. Consumable sheets in the steel door frame JIS G3131, G3132, DIN 2395 standards, which meet the needs of customers in terms of quality and can be effective in lightening and strength of steel structures.
Material of Steel Door Frame
As we explained before, the steel door frame is made of black or oiled steel sheet. This product can also be made of aluminum or stainless steel. The steel door frame is made of St37 steel, which has good welding capability.
Production Method of Steel Door Frame
The production method of this product is roll forming and it is produced with steel sheet 2 and 2.5 mm.. To produce this profile, first the coil of steel sheet is passed through the decoiler and it turns from coil to sheet. The sheet then goes to the forming strip. In this part, the sheet is passed through a series of rollers and in the mold, it is considered as a shape.
Finally, at the end of the roller, the door frame is cut to the desired size with a guillotine and then removed from the produced roller.
Dimension of Steel Door Frame
This profile is supplied in marketed with a length of 6.6 meter and edges of 3 and 4 cm..
Advantages of Steel Door Frame
This product due to its good material and chemical composition, has the following advantages:
• Stainless: Due to the high resistance of this product against corrosion, it lasts for years and therefore has no additional cost for building owners. This is the unique advantage of this profile that attracts the attention of most buyers.
• Paint-ability: Another important advantage of this product is its paint-ability. Some non-metallic frames are sometimes harder to paint, and the paint may not even settle easily on the metal. The color of this metal both makes it better durable and colored easily because the surface of this metal is smoother than wood.
• Suitable Price: In term of price, this profile has a lower price than the Mexican door frame, which is why most people who are looking for both quality and low price, this door frame is suitable for them.
• Resistant to Pests: Another important advantage of this product is that it is resistant to pests. Wooden door frames generally become a place for the pests’ growth such as beetles and termites over time, but the metal or steel door frame reduces the possibility of penetration of any pests.
• Reduce Transportation Costs: Another unique advantage of this product is easy transportation. Due to its light weight, the high tonnage of this product can be loaded by truck, which saves transportation costs.
• Easy Installation: One of the most important matter in this type of door frame is easy installation, which is a key and very positive point.
• Fire Resistance: Due to the type of construction and the material used in the metal door frame, it is fire resistance and is not damaged.
• Impact Resistance: The tip that is very important in choosing a door frame is its impact resistance. If the door frame is not strong, especially in anti-theft doors as well as entrance doors, the door will malfunction.
• Fast and Varied Coloring: Metal door frame can be colored with desired color.
Features of Steel Door Frame
What makes this product so popular with buyers is its low weight that sets it apart from other metal door frames. Also, the use of this product is not limited to the interior of the building and it can also be used outside the building.
It is interesting to know that this product, like other steel products, is recyclable and is not harmful to the environment.
Steel Door Frame Application
Due to the anti-corrosion feature of this product, it is used in making the various entrance doors of the building, because some of the building doors are exposed to moisture and rain in adverse weather conditions. The doors of the room in which we live, in the hot and cold season should be good thermal conductors and therefore metal door frames are used. The metal material of these frames has high heat and cold conduction and therefore energy wastage is prevented. In addition, a metal frame can be used for metal windows and PVC window frames.
Effective Factors of Steel Door Frame Price
There are important factors affect the price of this product. One of the effective factors is currency prices and market fluctuations. This product is no exception, as part of the economic activity of the hardware market is affected by foreign exchange prices and fluctuations. Another factor that affects the price of this product is its raw material, which is the black sheet or oil sheet. Whenever the price of black coil gets higher, the price of this product also gets higher.
Iron ore cannot be ignored, which is the raw material of all steel products, so can affect the price of the metal door frame.
Why Sarir Sanat Amir Company is the Best Choice?
Steel Door Frame profile is one of the most widely used and best-selling steel products of Sarir Sanat Amir.
Sarir Sanat Amir company offers its customers a unique Steel Door Frame by using the best and highest quality steel sheets and also by using the latest roll forming machine with very high accuracy.
For more information and consulting, please contact our experts.
The Last Word
Steel Door Frame is one of the most widely used products in the manufacture of door and window profiles. This profile is obtained from black coil and due to its anti-corrosion feature, there is a lot of demand for this product in market. This frame is made of steel St37, which has good welding features. Common dimensions of this product in the market are often 6.6 m. long and 3 and 4 cm. edges. Sarir Sanat Amir Company manufactures all kinds of metal door frames by cold forming method. The price of this profile depends on various factors such as material, diameter, thickness and quality of the sheet.
To obtain information about price, please contact our experts.